20 April 2015

BEACHY WAVES

It’s starting to feel a little bit more like summer is on its way here in the Midwest. I hope it’s warming up in your area too. When I think of warm weather, I think of easy, breezy wavy hair. Unfortunately for me, my hair is super straight.


I love the look of loose, beachy waves and in researching this article, I have found there are lots of ways to create them. Here are some unique tutorials to add a little texture to your Spring and Summer. Some require heat tools, others time and each creates a slight variation on the wavy texture theme.  





These days, it feels like I see women flaunting gorgeous, beachy waves everywhere I turn… the natural bounce and slightly straight ends make it look like they’ve spent the day walking the beaches of somewhere fabulous.  I'm dreaming of warm weather and sand between my toes, and nothing gives me that holiday feeling quite like having holiday hair. This look is hands down the most requested style from my clients and they’re all dying to know how to recreate it at home - the good news is that it’s super easy to do on yourself!









Create a vertical section of hair and curl
. When pulling the curling iron down, leave the end of the section out.
Repeat, working your way around your head. With each section, curl the hair in opposite directions, alternating between sections curled toward your face and sections curled toward the back of your head.Run fingers through your hair to separate curls.Curl small sections around the crown in alternating directions.Separate curls and spray all over.